The Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA) is a private non-profit self-regulatory organization (SRO) authorized by Congress to protect investors. Formed in 2007, FINRA writes and enforces rules for securities brokers and dealers, ensures broker/dealer compliance and transparency, and educates investors.
BrokerCheck is a free tool to research the background and experience of financial brokers, advisers and firms.
Investor Tools, including:
- Social Security Estimator (from the Social Security Administration)
- Required Minimum Distribution Calculator
- Risk Meter – see whether you are vulnerable to investment fraud
- Scam Meter – see if that new investment opportunity might be a scam
- Interactive Strategy Games