Discussion Forum

This forum is provided for informational purposes and it not intended to be relied upon as a source of investment, tax or legal advice. The ideas expressed on this site are solely the opinions of the author(s) and do not necessarily represent the opinions of the 72tNET.com owners, or the sponsors or firms affiliated with the author(s). Any action that you take as a result of information, analysis, or advertisement on this site is ultimately your responsibility. Please read our Forum Rules.

BEFORE POSTING: Use this TEMPLATE when submitting a new post. Make sure you understand all terms used in the template and double check your answers before submitting your question. Carefully review the SEPP Planning Pointers and materials under the Tools and Resources menu (IRS ResourcesGlossary, and Applicable Federal Rate table) before posting to make sure your question is clear and the answer you receive is accurate.

Subscribe to posts or edit your subscriptions by clicking on this link https://72tnet.com/community/subscriptions/ .

PLEASE NOTE: To avoid confusion, please do not add your question to someone else’s thread. If you have a question, please create your own post.

Notifications
Clear all

Sepp additional funds after 5th year Dist., when?

5 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter
(@rob99)

When i complete the 5th year of sepp distributions on April 15 2022 when then can i withdraw additional funds? next day?

Have to wait till next April 15 2023?

I will be 59.5 on Dec 18 2020. Thanks.

4 Replies
(@dlzallestaxesmsn-com)
Estimable Member

I assume that you started with the first distribution on 4.15/2017. Accordingly, your 60 months ends on 4/15/2022.

You could start taking any amount, or -0-, tarting on 4/16/2022, bt I would suggest waiting until 5/1/2022. Of course, before you take any additional distributions after 4/15/2022, I suggest that you meet with your tax advisor or financial planner to discuss your 2022 tax situation, and to consider your complete retirement and Estate planning situation, especially in light off the 2018 SECURE ACT which has changed the plans of many taxpayers.

2 Replies
(@rob99)

No my first distribution was 4/15 2018, 2nd 4/15 2019, 3rd just this past 4/15/2020, so 4th year is '21, 5th '22.

So are you saying 4/16/22(or shortly thereafter) i can go to hell with myself (and my money) LOL.

Thank you for the quick reply.

(@dlzallestaxesmsn-com)

Estimable Member

Your basic assumption is INCORRECT. We often get postings with the same misunderstanding.

The rule is NOT 5 DISTRIBUTIONS, but rather 5 YEARS (60 MONTHS) between your FIRST distribution and the end of your SEPP 72-T plan. Since you said that your first distribution was 4/15/2018, then your plan does not end until 4/15/2023 !!!!

Topic starter
(@rob99)

ok got it thanks for clarifying that.

Share: