You are here:
< Back

L1: 72tI receive equal monthly distributions from an IRA(72t). Can I still work and if I can is there a limit on how much I can make with the new job?2009-11-28 04:07, By: retiredranger, IP: []
L2: 72tYou can still work and there is no limit on your income. Just don’t make any additional contributions to the IRA that holds your SEPP assets.2009-11-28 13:48, By: Gfw, IP: []

L3: 72tIf the new job is reasonably secure, and you are concerned about the SEPP distributions plus the new job increasing your tax bracket, you may want to consider making the one time switch to the RMD method to reduce your SEPP payouts, reduce your taxes, and preserve retirement assets.You can also control your tax bill by making maximum contributions to your current employer retirement plan, and can use this approach in combination with the RMD switch to your SEPP. Building up your retirement assets in the new employer plan also provides you with added flexibility if that job is lost. In that case, you could roll over the employer plan to an IRA and start a second SEPP to supplement the one that was reduced due to the one time switch. This will all take some detailed planning to reduce your tax bill while maintaining a safety value through new retirement plan contribution through the new employer.2009-11-28 19:12, By: Alan S., IP: []