Invest excess in taxable account?

You are here:
  • KB Home
  • Invest excess in taxable account?
< Back

L1: Invest excess in taxable account?If at the end of 1 year can excess money be invested in an other taxable account?2012-12-18 19:48, By: 3DPiper, IP: []
L2: Invest excess in taxable account?Please restate your question. What excess funds? What are you even asking about?2012-12-18 20:20, By: Gfw, IP: []

L3: Invest excess in taxable account?If after 1 year, the amount withdrawn from a 72t account is more than needed for budgetary needs.
Can I invest any excess into another taxable account??2012-12-18 20:34, By: 3DPiper1, IP: []

L4: Invest excess in taxable account?Yes, you should save the excess funds in a taxable account, as your expenses could rise a year or two from now, and these savings can reduce the chance you will have to bust your 72t plan.
What you cannot do is fail to take out the full amount of your 72t calculation or rollexcess fundsover to another IRA account. Later on, if you discover that your distribution will be higher than you need in every year, you could consider making the one time switch to the RMD method from that point to the end of your plan.2012-12-18 22:13, By: Alan S, IP: []

L5: Invest excess in taxable account?Thank You!!
That is exactly what I had hoped!!!2012-12-20 20:03, By: 3DPiper, IP: []